Monday 2 April 2012

The Complexities of Producing a Work of Art!


A sudden rush of excitement spurs me on as my initial inspiration strikes. However, as I begin to work on building upon layers and layers uncertainty sets in as the brilliant vision I have formulated looks increasingly as though a very small child has created it!

And so it begins…

The emotional turmoil, the doubt, the roller coaster of highs and lows, the observations, the contemplation and the questioning, will I be able to pull this picture off or not? Although, the most complex question of all is… I know the picture is almost finished but if I add too much it will ruin it and if I don’t add something it is incomplete, so what should I do? This can lead to hours and sometimes months of staring at the canvas!

I realise stating all these things makes me sound like an insane person but I have a sneaky suspicion that if the truth was known a lot of artists would own up to it!

Throughout all of this there is always a wonderful leap of faith where I just trust my instincts and make a decision, I mean what does it matter it is only a canvas! Wrong - it is art but that is for another day!

More new art work to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment