Tuesday 19 November 2013

A sad little tail that has a happy ending!

In August I donated a picture to the Rain Rescue Animal Shelter Charity (www.facebook.com/RainRescue) for an auction/ exhibition called ‘Don’t Judge a Dog by its Collar!’ to take place in October. The picture I donated was an original picture that I had created of our dog Timmy for my 2012 Christmas Card. The giving of this picture became particularly poignant as our old boy died just before the auction so I really wanted the picture to find a good home as it meant so much to me and I was happy that the money raised would go to help other rescued dogs as Timmy himself was a little rescued boy.


The auction ended on Sunday 20th October and in the end raised the great amount of £2541.00 with all the money going directly to Rain Rescue in Sheffield.

We believe in giving rescue dogs a home and so now that a little time has passed we began to search for a new little sole to save! The little dog had to be just right for us and vice versa! Eventually we found one we wanted to meet in a rescue centre a little bit closer to our home than Sheffield!

We instantly fell in love with him. So it is with great pleasure that I tell you that we will be collecting our new little friend up in less than a week’s time!

No comments:

Post a Comment