Thursday 27 February 2014

New ArtWork 2014

Here is my latest artwork slightly inspired by this classic 1960’s American children’s book…




‘Where the Wild Things Are’ by Maurice Sendak
I’ve always loved this story and have felt very inspired by it of late! If you are unfamiliar with the story, it follows the adventure of a little boy called Max, who one evening is very naughty after he begins playing in his wolf suit. His mother sends Max to his bed, but his bedroom turns into a forest and a boat appears taking him on a long journey to an island of wild things (it is a fantastic story so have a read if you haven’t already)!

Diverted to Where the Wild Things Are! | Mixed Media on Canvas | Leanne Broadbent | 2014 |

My picture is titled ‘Diverted to Where the Wild Things Are’ and as always I have added my own twist of ghost like creatures looming in the background and also includes traffic cones and a road sign which I particularly love.

What do you think? I hope you like it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment